- How to provide Permission to PeopleSoft components by updating tables in back end(database)?
- How to add component permission to a permission lists in PeopleSoft through database?
- What are the PeopleTools tables to be updated when providing permission to PeopleSoft components through back end?
- Though permission lists reflect the name of the PeopleSoft component; why the security tab of the component in 'PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content' does not show the Permission lists updated via back end?
|CLASSID||The name of the class(permission list)|
|BARNAME||Menu Bar Name|
|BARITEMNAME||Bar Item Name|
|PNLITEMNAME||Panel Item Name|
|AUTHORIZEDACTIONS||Authorized Actions for Panels|
Here is the link to one of my previous posts related to PSAUTHITEM - on finding Finding BARNAME, ITEMNAME and all about PSAUTHITEM table. We can achieve our desired result by inserting/updating the PSAUTHITEM table with the required permission list, menu name, menu bar name, panel item name and specifying if the page is Display only along with the authorized actions to be allowed for that page.
Menu Name under which the component is registered and requires permission.
Menu bar name
Itemname used in the menu definition for the panel group(component).
The itemname used for the panel(page) in the component definition.
The value for field has to be either 1 or 0 depending upon how we require the page to be displayed.
This field takes numeral values and below are the primary four values allowed:
- 1: Add
- 2: Update Display
- 3: Add/Update/Display
- 4: Update/Display All
- 5: Add/Update/Display All
- 6: Update/Display/Update/Display All
- 7: Add/Update/Display/Update/Display All
- 8: Correction
- 9: Add/Correction
- 10: Update/Display / Correction
- 11: Add/Update/Display/Correction
- 12: Update/Display All/Correction
- 13: Add/Update/Display All/Correction
- 14: Update/Display/Update/Display All/Correction
- 15: Add/Update/Display/Update/Display All/Correction
- 128: Data Entry
How do we ensure that the portal object security is correctly synchronized?
When we do grant permissions to a component either via Application Designer or through Online (PeopleTools > Portal > Structure and Content) there are lots of changes that PeopleSoft does and merely updating PSAUTHITEM does not do all that.
The hierarchical relationships and dependencies between objects in the portal registry determine what security settings each object must have. The portal won't work correctly if these security relationships are not maintained properly. Running the Portal Security Sync - PORTAL_CSS application engine in the navigation PeopleTools > Portal > Portal Security Sync will synchronize the Portal Security.
After running the Portal Security Sync, security definitions gets synchronized and now the permission lists inserted/updated in PSAUTHITEM table will reflect in the Security tab of every related content reference. And that's it.
But before this post concludes, let us understand what Portal Security Sync process does.